Did you know one of the best methods of getting back-links to your site is by spying on your competitors backlinks? To get on the front page of the serp’s, let’s say for Google, you will need relevant, quality backlinks, from trusted sites. One of the easiest ways of doing this is to enter your keywords into Google, and look to see what sites are on the front page for the keywords in your niche. Now you need to use a SEO tool so you can see exactly where they got their back-links from.
This method of spying on your competitor’s links is used by many of the Pro SEO’s and saves you time from having to search the internet for quality back-links from relevant sites. There are several SEO tools that will do this for you such as SEO Elite, but will cost you an arm and a leg. That’s why I did some research and found some of the best FREE SEO tools that will get the job done. No diss to SEO Elite, Brad’s software works and has a few other features that the FREE SEO tools may not have.
Backlink Checker – 5 FREE SEO Tools to find your Competitors backlinks and More
1. SEO for Firefox – this is a total package of $300 worth of valuable SEO tools for FREE. It includes everything to Firefox extensions, to the latest SEO tools and a SEO mini course with the latest tactics. You do have to sign-up for the FREE tools, but it’s definitely worth a minute of your time.
2. Backlink Watch – this is a decent tool but a little slow on loading, hey it’s FREE. It shows links, some anchor text, some page rank and dofollow or nofollow attributes.
3. iwebtool – is one of the fastest FREE seo tools I’ve used. It’s pretty basic, but I like the speed and it shows pagerank for some of your backlinks.
4. Url dogg – nice little site. Shows you backlinks and other information for any domain.
5. Yahoo site explorer search – it’s a FREE tool that Yahoo offers, you can just enter the url’s into the “explore url” search bar. It doesn’t show all of the backlinks but shows results in pretty good detail and speed.
Go to this much more extensive list of SEO resources for even more choices.
Just a reminder, you want to get dofollow backlinks. Many of the back links you see when using some of the SEO tools above will be nofollow links, meaning you won’t get any PR juice for them.
Being able to see where your competitors are getting their backlinks helps incredibly and if you put in the work, you should be able to start seeing the results within a month or more. You may not be able to see every source they are using, or obtain a backlink from every site, but adding this method with your regular SEO routine will help you get on the front page of the serp’s for even very competitive keywords.